I need to begin with an update on my little nephew, Drew. Drew is my brother Jordan and his wife, Kari's, little boy who is 5 weeks younger than Maggie. Unfortunately, little Drew suffered a major seizure 8 weeks ago and has been in the hospital undergoing many, many tests since then. While he didn't suffer any damage from the seizure, he has been experiencing localized seizures in his limbs and, more recently, his face. Please keep little Drew in your prayers. He's an adorable little boy and we pray that he will be blessed with a long, happy, healthy life.
Drew and Maggie took a swimming class together earlier this spring. Here they are having some fun together!
With Drew in the hospital, I've been able to spend more time with Peyton... and learning what it is like to have two kids! Here we are at the zoo. Maggie isn't really used to having someone in her space, but they managed. Peyton is a good big cousin and Maggie puts up with him the rest of the time!
Peacocks roam freely at the zoo, but it seems that I rarely see them fluff their feathers. This one spread its feathers after Peyton walked up to him (not closely), and yelled, "Boo, Ceacock, Boo!"
We've been on a few picnics with my Moms 'n' Tots group. Here, Maggie is playing with her friend, Charlotte. Okay, I say playing, but really she is trying to steal Charlotte's food. Looks like Charlotte is ready to claw her eyes out, but she was a good sharer. Afterwards, Maggie went around and cleaned up the bits the other kids had left. We call her, "Hoover". I guess I'm supposed to take food to these things?!
We've been spending lots of time outside! Maggie loves the water...
And more recently, the slide!

This is at Gymboree. I wasn't too sure about Gymboree until the third week we went. Maggie loves to explore the entire area, and especially loves the balls and hoops. On this particular day, she really enjoyed the bubbles too.


This is at Gymboree. I wasn't too sure about Gymboree until the third week we went. Maggie loves to explore the entire area, and especially loves the balls and hoops. On this particular day, she really enjoyed the bubbles too.
And finally, a little snack before church. Perhaps it will keep her quiet. Right.
Our little girl is getting so big! She turned one at the end of June (already?!). I'll do a special birthday blog with party pictures, so stay tuned!!
2 comments:
I love all the pictures. Maggie has gotten so big. I cannot believe that she is already one. Time really does fly!!
Little Drew and the whole family continues to be in our prayers. I pray that they find answers soon!
What a beautiful little girl Maggie is. I can definitely see some of you in her, Nicola. I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your nephew and will pray for him.
Post a Comment