Wednesday, October 29, 2008

“Seven Posts in Seven Days” 2 of 7

I was trying to decide what to cover in this 7 day blog marathon which, by the way, is an insane commitment considering I’ve never done this before. In my logical way, I made a list of chronological events that have occurred over the summer, crossed referenced them with our library of photographs and then, naturally, I built a spreadsheet to analyze the relevance of the material relative to a statistical cross section of our viewers. (what? isn’t that the way you do it?) :)

For chronological reasons, the day 7 post would have been about my brother Justin and his wife Jen who are currently pregnant with triplets. As Jen is now almost 36 weeks and about ready to burst, I thought it prudent to bump the news up to day 2 of the blog marathon just in case the boys decide it’s time to party sometime in the next week.

A couple of weekends ago, Nicola, Maggie and I hopped in the car for a 2-day turn around road trip to Regina to visit Justin, Jen and Caden. Calgary to Regina is a 6 ½ to 9 hour drive each way depending on who’s in the car. Since Maggie was in the car it was a little closer to 9 hours including a hotel stay in Moose Jaw along the way (don’t ask). Given Maggie’s go-go-go nature, being strapped in a 5-point harness for hours on end was pure torture to her and, well, she let us hear all about it. I’m just glad my navigator was able to sleep through it all. :)

The following are a few pictures from our visit:

Auntie Jen, cousin Caden, Maggie & Mommy chillin' on the couch. You really have to see Jen's belly in person to appreciate how big it really is. (I know girls don't like to hear that but guys marvel at this kind of thing... sorry Jen.)

Caden and Maggie playing together on the couch. Caden is Justin & Jen's 2 1/2 year old son. He knows that his mommy has babies in her tummy but I don't think he realizes how cool it will be to have 3 little brothers to teach the way of the Mooney.


Caden & Maggie watching Diego together on Caden's 'lil Spider-man love seat. I love little people furniture. When I was a kid we had to lay on the cold basement floor to watch TV... AND we had to walk to school in waist-deep snow up hill both ways in our bare feet.





Uncle Justin proudly wearing his Alberta colors in the city of green. Way to keep the faith brother!





"hhhhmmmhhh... Caden sure is lucky to be getting 3 little brothers to play with. I wonder if he would let me have one of them... I mean really... OR... maybe I'll ask Mommy and Daddy to order me one of my very own.... brother... or sister... I don't care... but it has to be here by the first week of May..." Maggie ; )



To read more about Justin, Jen, Caden & the triplets, I encourage you to visit their family blog.

Their Blog address is: http://www.themooneyclan.blogspot.com/

We are so excited to meet the boys. Please keep the whole family in your prayers in the weeks to come.


JRM 10/29/2008

2 comments:

Dallas said...

I'm impressed that you returned for day two :). Look forward to five more!

Brandi said...

i too, am impressed to see another blog entry today! you're balancing work, family and now, blogging?!? go james go!