Friday, April 17, 2009

It's a GIRL!!! It's a GIRL!!!

Hello friends and family...

I am brimming with pure joy to announce that our little Maggie is now a sister. This will come as a bit of a surprise to most; it certainly was to us. Our latest addition wasn't set to arrive until the end of the month. There is a long story to be told that I'll save for another post.

Let me start by saying that Nicola and I are sorry that we haven't made any phone calls yet. This isn't the most personal venue for our dear friends and family to get the news but here it is:

Lyla Claire Mooney was born today, Thursday, April 16th, 2009 at 3:49pm. She weighed 3.434KG or around 7lbs 9oz and was 50 cm / 20 inches long.

Both Mommy and baby are resting and doing very well. It is expected that they will both spend the next few days in the hospital.

Here are a few pictures from today:

We'll try to catch up with yáll soon. In the meantime, if you would like to share a thought with Nicola, please leave a comment here or you can send her an e-mail to my blackberry at:


JRM 4/16/2009

14 comments:

Mindy, Peyton, and Brady Seeber said...

Congratulations you guys!! We are so excited for you. I am glad that you and Lyla are doing okay. You will be in our thoughts and prayers during your recovery. She is beautiful!!!

Ang said...

So happy for you all, your family is beautiful!! Glad everyone is doing well. Love her name! Two girls is awesome--working well for us!! :)
Congrats!

Jen Mooney said...

Congratulations!! We can't wait to meet her. Give Nicola our best and know we are thinking about you lots!!

We'll be glad to hear the whole story sometime soon but in the meantime, take care and know we love you all!!

Jen Mooney said...

Congratulations Brother and Sister-in-Law. Beautiful baby. Wish we could be there to see her in person.

Get well and take it easy. Enjoy your new baby.

Love you guys lots.

Justin

Aisling said...

Welcome Lyla. Congrats James, Nic and Maggie. Love you guys.

Aisling & Steve

Davis Family said...

Yeah yeah and yeah!!!! God bless you all.

Delanie said...

Congrats to all of you. She's beautiful and we are looking forward to meeting her. Glad to hear all is well!!

Love The Cerkvenac's

Svetlana Yanova said...

Awwww!!! She's perfect!!! And what a beautiful name, too! Congratulations!

Dallas said...

Well, i don't know anything, but I think she looks like her big sister. congratulations, having two girls is AWESOME! they are the best friends and fight like cats, but it really is the best. Good luck with the transistion...it's not too bad.

Jilly said...

She looks so much like Maggie already! What a doll! SOOOOOO incredibly happy for you guys!!!

Unknown said...

Seriously happy and surprised, thrilled everyone is okay.....maybe at work if I am stuck at the foot for a while, I will pop in to say hello....? Again, so happy for you guys, and I knew it was going to be a girl!
Loving having Maggie here by the way, so is so stinkin' cute!!!!
Lots of Love!

michelle said...

Congratulations!!! We were in the middle of Kevin's seminar when we heard that the new baby had arrived. I don't think that he could contain his excitement and joy.
God bless you all.
Mike and Michelle

Anonymous said...

for sure

Anonymous said...

a girl just look at that sweet p u ss y