For those of you that have held our little Maggie, you know that she is sqirmy and moving all of the time... never stops. So, I have been very patiently waiting for Maggie to start crawling... so patiently in fact that I haven't really been encouraging it. I know the joy that I currently have in knowing that I can plop her down and go to the bathroom, or leave the room briefly and not have to worry about where she is. As soon as she's able to move, I know I will have a little shadow everywhere I go, and that all privacy will be taken from me! This time, however, is coming to an end, as Maggie is very quickly catching on to crawling and will be moving around everywhere. Mental note: begin babyproofing. Of course it will be a wonderful milestone once she begins crawling. Mom says I'll find things that I thought were lost forever (translation: Maggie will get into those nooks and crannies that are impossible to clean and who knows what will show up).
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Almost There...
For those of you that have held our little Maggie, you know that she is sqirmy and moving all of the time... never stops. So, I have been very patiently waiting for Maggie to start crawling... so patiently in fact that I haven't really been encouraging it. I know the joy that I currently have in knowing that I can plop her down and go to the bathroom, or leave the room briefly and not have to worry about where she is. As soon as she's able to move, I know I will have a little shadow everywhere I go, and that all privacy will be taken from me! This time, however, is coming to an end, as Maggie is very quickly catching on to crawling and will be moving around everywhere. Mental note: begin babyproofing. Of course it will be a wonderful milestone once she begins crawling. Mom says I'll find things that I thought were lost forever (translation: Maggie will get into those nooks and crannies that are impossible to clean and who knows what will show up).





For those of you that have held our little Maggie, you know that she is sqirmy and moving all of the time... never stops. So, I have been very patiently waiting for Maggie to start crawling... so patiently in fact that I haven't really been encouraging it. I know the joy that I currently have in knowing that I can plop her down and go to the bathroom, or leave the room briefly and not have to worry about where she is. As soon as she's able to move, I know I will have a little shadow everywhere I go, and that all privacy will be taken from me! This time, however, is coming to an end, as Maggie is very quickly catching on to crawling and will be moving around everywhere. Mental note: begin babyproofing. Of course it will be a wonderful milestone once she begins crawling. Mom says I'll find things that I thought were lost forever (translation: Maggie will get into those nooks and crannies that are impossible to clean and who knows what will show up).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yup....almost there, enjoy your last week of freedom, things are about to drastically change...but I know you guys can handle it. She's pretty special that one!!
The nice thing about crawling is that it is a gradual process. She will start off slowly and will soon become a pro. In the mean time, it gives you a chance to adjust to it as she gets faster and faster...therefore it won't seem like such a big change in the end. Just wait till she starts walking! She's so cute! Good luck with the baby proofing.
Maggie is so cute. I remember this stage coming with mixed feelings. On the good side...I loved watching my girls gain their independence, have a huge personality, and get their own toy when they dropped it. However, on the down side...I found it frustrating baby proofing and rebaby proofing, and frustrating when they always wanted to get down and crawl in public on the dirty ground and not being able to understand why they couldn't. So...good luck with that. :-) JK
Each milestone is so exciting and special. I am so glad that you posted some pics for those of us unlucky enough to be so far away. We'll be there soon though and look forward to spending some time with Maggie (oh - and her parents ;) ).
Post a Comment