Monday, July 13, 2009

We've Been Selected For The Show!!! My Rona Home Update

It is now mid-afternoon, Monday, July 13th. The camera crew, sound techs, producers and the host of My RONA Home have just left our little house here in Bowness. Nicki, Maggs & Lyla are fast asleep upstairs and I am sitting here alone at my desk, completely exhausted and totally stunned as I try to grasp the true enormity of what just happened this morning.

My heart is brimming with pure joy and awe as I reflect on how truly blessed a man I am.

Exactly 10 years ago this past June, I returned home to Calgary, broken and alone with little interest in chasing dreams. Today, I am a testament to how Awesome & Faithful our God truly is to those who trust in Him!

I am married to my best friend in the whole world, with whom I have the privilege of raising two perfect little girls. The love and genuine support of our friends and, most especially, our families has been truly humbling. I have a wonderful and fulfilling career through which all our basic financial needs are met and now... today... the dream of having a home of our own has come true.

If you missed it this morning on Breakfast Television and haven't yet got the word, Nicola and I were told this morning that we have been selected as one of the two families that will participate in the "My RONA Home" reality TV show airing this fall on City TV. Though we have a tremendous amount of work ahead of us this fall, the end result is certain; we will have a home to call our own by Christmas. The only question that remains is will we have a mortgage or not.

I can't think of another person I would want to take on this challenge with. Nicola... You are amazing! We make a great team and I know together we can not only do this... but knock it out of the park.

LET'S GO YELLOW TEAM!!!

I have attached a link below to CITY TV's website. Click this link to see our introduction on Breakfast Television this morning.

http://site.btcalgary.ca/video/?bcpid=5173168001&bclid=5184558001&bctid=29331948001


JRM 07/13/2009

3 comments:

Dallas said...

HOW EXCITING!!!!!! Oh my goodness, you get so much money! I will definitely be watching online. I probably can't vote since I live in Arkansas, but I will be rooting for you! Oh, and Nicola, your nails looked great :).

Greg Ashby said...

WOW - congratulations guys! Hard to beleive but what an amazing gift and opportunity!

James, I appreciate your comments especially on how your life has turned around. As amazing as this event is, the testimony of what God's grace can do in our lives, little by little to restore us each day, is even more exciting, and very encouraging.

Thanks for sharing, and good luck with the next phase!

Aisling said...

We've got our hard hats and tool belts ready to help whenever you need us.

Love you guys. We are SO excited for you and this opportunity.

Yellow is my new favourite colour. GO TEAM YELLOW!!!