Stuffed salmon.
Alright then, let's see what the internet can offer me. Do you ever wonder what we did before the internet? I can hardly remember that time? How did people book travel? Stay connected? Catch up on celebrities? Search jobs? Get info? Or find recipes? So anyway, after a few minutes and 18 billion hits on google, I found a great recipe. If you like salmon, you'll love this... let me know if you try it!
Crab and Spinach Stuffed Salmon
- Fillet of salmon
- Can of crabmeat
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper
- Salt
- 6 tablespoons of brie
- Dried rosemary (optional)
- Spread out the fillet and rub down both sides with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. (I laid wax paper out on the counter to avoid contamination and allowed for easy clean-up)
- Put the crabmeat in a bowl, and shred the brie into the crab. (Shredded brie??? Crazy Canadian... that's a soft cheese. It must be really cold up there. Nope... here's the trick - freeze the cheese!)
- Add about 1 cup of steamed spinach (more or less, depending on your preference).
- Mix well
- Spread mixture onto your salmon
- Roll salmon tightly. You may need to use string. Once you begin baking the salmon, it will stay in place.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for about 10 mins per each inch of thickness.
- Spread any remaining brie on top and broil for the final few minutes.
I served the salmon with parmesan rice and steamed asparagus with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
We finished with lemon mereinge tarts with a raspberry and blueberry compote.
Give it a shot and let me know what you think!
2 comments:
You are quite the Martha Stewart. That meal sounds really good. I may have to give it a try.
Looks amazing Nicola! I will have to give that recipe a try!
Post a Comment